Indian Student Makes Rs 500 Wearable Device To Alert If Anyone Gets Closer Than 1 Metre
COVID-19 is on everyone’s mind. To take down the novel coronavirus, the whole nation has gone under lockdown, with only essential services accessible to citizens around the world.
People who are stepping out are concerned about getting infected while keeping a safe distance from strangers. Many might also think how cool would it be if a small device could help us keep a track of everything. Well, an engineering student at Lovely Professional University has created just that.
Prabin Kumar Das, a B Tech student, along with his professors has created a small IoT pendant (which he calls Kawach) that is designed to promote social distancing. The device is loaded with a bunch of sensors that help the wearer not just keep track of his health, but also if he/she is coming too close to someone, breaching the safe space of 1 metre.
Along with this, the pendant has a vibration motor on board that vibrates every thirty minutes, reminding the wearer to wash their hands.
Along with that, the pendant has a thermal sensor that monitors body temperature and in case the body temperature goes over normal levels, it shoots a notification on the wearer's phone.
Dr Lovi Raj Gupta, Executive Dean of Science and Technology, Lovely Professional University says, “While the whole world is grappling to find a vaccine for Covid-19, ‘Kawach’ is our effort to contain the spread of this deadly virus.
He further added, “Kawach enables one to achieve just that by warning people in case their safe space is breached. Additionally, it also offers a handwash reminder, a very handy tool in these times. We have already tested it internally and are now looking for the right partners to commercialise it.”
The device is priced at just Rs 500 per unit, and they say if mass-produced, the price of the device could be further reduced to Rs 400 per unit.
AD: Yahoo! Search
8 Signs You May Have Rheumatoid Arthritis. Research How To Treat Rheumatoid Arthritis
AD: Yahoo! Search
About Plaque Psoriasis: Learn About Causes & Symptoms. Search For Moderate To Severe Plaque Psoriasis
Just One Vaccine Could Be Enough To End COVID-19, As The Virus Isn't Mutating Fast
Instagram Lets You Watch Posts With Friends Over Video Chat, To Fight Lockdown Blues
- NewsBill Gates Blasts Trump's Idea Of Ending Lockdown For Saving Economy As 'Irresponsible'5.3K SHARES
Flipkart Halts All Order Deliveries, Amazon Focuses On Essential Ones For India Lockdown
- Science And FutureGuy Captures Rare Pic Of The Moon With Saturn-Like Rings, And It Looks Truly Majestic4.8K SHARES
E-Learn Over 400 Free Online Courses From World's Top Universities, During COVID-19 Lockdown
Videos On YouTube, Facebook, Instagram And Netflix Have Lowered Quality To Save The Internet
- Science And FutureA Mountain-Sized Asteroid Is Approaching Earth In April, But Don’t Worry It Won’t Hit Us2.9K SHARES
- NewsNetflix Lowers Video Quality For 30 Days; YouTube, Amazon Prime And Hotstar Next?479 SHARES
- NewsCOVID-19 Effect: 52% Of Employees In 6 Indian Cities Are Working From Home, Reveals Report388 SHARES
- NewsSpain Will Use Robots In Fight Against COVID-19, Do 80,000 Tests Daily And Save Physicians2.5K SHARES
- NewsTo Fight COVID-19, This Firm Converts Snorkeling Mask Into Ventilator With 3D Printing283 SHARES